Chris Shiflett (Foo Fighters): West Coast Town (2017)

4 participantes

Chris Shiflett (Foo Fighters): West Coast Town (2017) Empty Chris Shiflett (Foo Fighters): West Coast Town (2017)

Mensaje por keith_caputo Miér 1 Feb 2017 - 23:02

Chris Shiflett (Foo Fighters): West Coast Town (2017) Chrisshiflett2017solo_638

"West Coast Town", the new solo album from acclaimed musician, songwriter and performer Chris Shiflett, will be released April 14 on SideOneDummy Records. In advance of the release, the title track can be streamed below.

Working with Grammy Award-winning producer Dave Cobb and Grammy Award-winning engineer/mixer Matt Ross-Spang, the ten-track album was recorded at Nashville's historic RCA Studio A during the summer of 2016. In addition to Shiflett on electric guitar and Cobb on acoustic guitar and percussion, the album features an all-star collection of studio musicians, including Robby Turner (Waylon Jennings, Chris Stapleton) on pedal steel, Chris Powell (Brent Cobb, Jamey Johnson) on drums and percussion, Adam Gardner (SOUTHERN FAMILY) on bass and Michael Webb (SOUTHERN FAMILY) on keyboards.

Of making the album, Shiflett comments: "After being a fan of Dave Cobb's work for years, recording with him and his crew was everything I'd hoped it would be. His input on and arrangements of my songs took them into places I wouldn't have imagined. Plus the speed that he creates at was inspiring."

In celebration of the album release, Shiflett will embark on a series of special shows this spring, including dates in L.A., New York and Nashville. The performances will feature special opening guest Brian Whelan, who co-wrote four songs from the new album.

"West Coast Town" is Shiflett's third solo album and follows 2013's "All Hat And No Cattle", which features covers of nine classic honky-tonk songs by artists such as Don Rich, Waylon Jennings, Faron Young, Buck Owens and Merle Haggard.

Born in Santa Barbara and now based in Los Angeles, Shiflett is widely known as the guitarist for FOO FIGHTERS as well as for his previous work with DEAD PEASANTS and ME FIRST AND THE GIMME GIMMES. In addition to music, Shiflett is the creator and host of the weekly podcast "Walking The Floor With Chris Shiflett", which features one-on-one interviews with a wide range of musical guests, writers, athletes, and artists. Past guests include Merle Haggard, Dwight Yoakam, Mike Ness, Steve Earle, John Doe, Sturgill Simpson, Mickey Raphael and more.

Chris Shiflett (Foo Fighters): West Coast Town (2017) Chrisshiflettwestoastcd

01. Sticks & Stones
02. West Coast Town
03. Goodnight Little Rock
04. Room 102
05. The Girl's Already Gone
06. Blow Out The Candles
07. I'm Still Drunk
08. Cherry
09. Tonight's Not Over
10. Still Better Days

keith_caputo
keith_caputo

Chris Shiflett (Foo Fighters): West Coast Town (2017) Empty Re: Chris Shiflett (Foo Fighters): West Coast Town (2017)

Mensaje por Joker Miér 1 Feb 2017 - 23:10

En la biografía añadiría que fue guitarrista de No Use for a Name. Guitar

Nunca me he puesto con su material en solitario. Pinta bien.
Joker
Joker

Chris Shiflett (Foo Fighters): West Coast Town (2017) Empty Re: Chris Shiflett (Foo Fighters): West Coast Town (2017)

Mensaje por keith_caputo Miér 1 Feb 2017 - 23:36

Joker escribió:En la biografía añadiría que fue guitarrista de No Use for a Name. Guitar

Nunca me he puesto con su material en solitario. Pinta bien.

a mi me gusta lo q hace en solitario

keith_caputo
keith_caputo

Mensaje por keith_caputo Jue 23 Feb 2017 - 9:46

Aqui os dejo el primer single de su proximo disco

keith_caputo
keith_caputo

Mensaje por thunderpussy Jue 9 Mar 2017 - 20:05

Me ha encantado el disco
thunderpussy
thunderpussy

Mensaje por keith_caputo Jue 25 Mayo 2017 - 16:57

q grande es Chris. Siempre me ha caido muy bien este tio

keith_caputo
keith_caputo

Mensaje por thunderpussy Jue 29 Jun 2017 - 22:37

disco a reivindicar!
thunderpussy
thunderpussy

Mensaje por Will Hoge Mar 17 Oct 2017 - 19:52

Si coincido, el disco está muy bien. Muy divertido, ideal para el auto.
El tema West Coast Town es muy parecido a Wagon Wheel
Will Hoge
Will Hoge