DEP Dave Brockie (aka Oderus Urungus de GWAR)

+4
Eloy
Joker
Hank
Invitado_Z
8 participantes

DEP Dave Brockie (aka Oderus Urungus de GWAR) Empty DEP Dave Brockie (aka Oderus Urungus de GWAR)

Mensaje por Invitado_Z Lun 24 Mar - 8:57

http://www.styleweekly.com/richmond/gwar-frontman-dave-brockie-has-died/Content?oid=2048548

The founder and lead singer of renowned metal band Gwar, David Brockie, has died, say numerous sources close to the group.

"Dave was one of the funniest, smartest, most creative and energetic persons I've known," former Gwar bassist Mike Bishop says. "He was brash sometimes, always crass, irreverent, he was hilarious in every way. But he was also deeply intelligent and interested in life, history, politics and art."

"His penchant for scatological humors belied a lucid wit. He was a criminally underrated lyricist and hard rock vocalist, one of the best, ever! A great front man, a great painter, writer, he was also a hell of a bass guitarist. I loved him. He was capable of great empathy and had a real sense of justice."

The news comes in a year the Grammy-nominated band marks its 30th anniversary and recently returned from a long-awaited first performance in Japan. It recently announced that it would hold its fifth Gwar-B-Q concert Aug. 16 at Hadad’s Water Park.

Brockie, aka Oderus Urungus, founded what became Richmond's most famous band in 1984 with a group of five boundary-pushing artists and musicians working out of North Side's Richmond Dairy. The band struck a nerve, selling out shows and touring the globe. It released its 13th album in 2013.

The self-described "Scumdogs of the Universe" were known for their messy shows, outlandish costumes and intentionally offensive theatrics. "We were and still are provocateurs," Brockie told Style in a 2012 feature story. "We're just a bunch of guys with warped senses of humor spit balling the most evil ideas that we could think of, to hold up a twisted mirror to the culture."

Roommates found Brockie's body at his home Sunday evening, with friends and others posting condolences and remembrances across Facebook into Monday morning. "I wish it was a joke," says former band member Chris Bopst, a music writer for Style. "Everyone is in shock."

We'll report more details as they become available and share the band's official statement here.

Invitado_Z

DEP Dave Brockie (aka Oderus Urungus de GWAR) Empty Re: DEP Dave Brockie (aka Oderus Urungus de GWAR)

Mensaje por Hank Lun 24 Mar - 9:55

joder, nunca me dijeron nada, pero DEP, .... a los que más recuerdo es a Green Jelly
Hank
Hank

DEP Dave Brockie (aka Oderus Urungus de GWAR) Empty Re: DEP Dave Brockie (aka Oderus Urungus de GWAR)

Mensaje por Joker Mar 25 Mar - 21:26

D.E.P.

Se sabe que le pasó?
Joker
Joker

Mensaje por Joker Vie 6 Jun - 22:50

Joker escribió:D.E.P.

Se sabe que le pasó?
Me contesto a mí mismo...

Por lo visto fue una sobredosis de heroína. (Hace un par de días se han conocido los resultados de la autopsia).
Joker
Joker

Mensaje por Eloy Vie 6 Jun - 22:53

Vaya, qué putada...

Era un frikazo de la hostia, me caía bien, aunque su grupo siempre me pareció una mierda...

Cuidadín con la heroína, que hacía muchos años que no se veían tantas muertes por sobredosis de jaco.
Eloy
Eloy

Mensaje por TheCrybaby Sáb 20 Sep - 15:55

http://www.elcuarteldelmetal.net/2014/09/la-nueva-vocalista-de-gwar-es-mujer-y.html?m=1
TheCrybaby
TheCrybaby

Mensaje por Bar Biquernes Sáb 20 Sep - 15:58

TheCrybaby escribió:http://www.elcuarteldelmetal.net/2014/09/la-nueva-vocalista-de-gwar-es-mujer-y.html?m=1
medejoquemefo.
Bar Biquernes
Bar Biquernes

Mensaje por JE_DD Sáb 20 Sep - 16:08

Bar Biquernes escribió:
TheCrybaby escribió:http://www.elcuarteldelmetal.net/2014/09/la-nueva-vocalista-de-gwar-es-mujer-y.html?m=1
medejoquemefo.

DEP Dave Brockie (aka Oderus Urungus de GWAR) 2zy8qc3

pig pig pig pig pig pig
JE_DD
JE_DD

Mensaje por Unsein16 Sáb 20 Sep - 16:33

facepalm
Unsein16
Unsein16