Ayers
El Puto Fary
Godofredo
hellpatrol
Gorie
Ripple.
Katxorro
17 participantes

Para cuándo Joan Osborne al Azkena? Empty Para cuándo Joan Osborne al Azkena?

Mensaje por Katxorro 11.01.10 20:20

al ver el topic de ani difranco, me pregunto que ha sido de esta mujer, conocidisima por su hit "One of Us", pero que esconde auténticas joyas en su discografía (además es más guapa Very Happy) ¿cuáles preferís?. para el que siga sin saber de que hit habló , ahí va
Gorie
Gorie

Para cuándo Joan Osborne al Azkena? Empty Re: Para cuándo Joan Osborne al Azkena?

Mensaje por Txomin 15.03.12 11:25

Yo preferiría al otro Osborne: Anders Osborne.
Txomin
Txomin

Para cuándo Joan Osborne al Azkena? Empty Re: Para cuándo Joan Osborne al Azkena?

Mensaje por Nashville 15.03.12 12:56

Txomin escribió:Yo preferiría al otro Osborne: Anders Osborne.

Ojalá tuvieramos el placer de verlo en Mendizabala

Nashville
Nashville

Mensaje por wakam 15.03.12 12:57

Ayers escribió:
hellpatrol escribió:venga lo digo yo

Que venga con Ozzy doh

dirás con su padre Bertín... no?

es Ozzy and friends, no Ozzy and family.

wakam
wakam

Mensaje por elbrujo69 15.03.12 13:01

Gorie escribió:
Carabirubi escribió:Joan releases the blues-inspired 'Bring It On Home' New Album Due March 27th

Joan Osborne recalls how “Blues music rescued me when I was in need of rescue.”
New single 'Shake Your Hips' available at iTunes

On her newest album, Bring it on Home, Joan returns the favor and it’s the blues that gets new life. Drawing from a voice the New York Times called “angelic ecstasy and sexual abandon,” Joan Osborne has at long last made an album of vintage blues, R&B and soul songs. Bring it on Home will be released on March 27th (Saguaro Road Records).

A collection of some of her favorite classic songs, Bring it on Home is Osborne’s tribute to the music she has long loved and drew inspiration from. “I knew that, someday, when the time was right and my voice was ready,” Osborne says, “I wanted to make a recording like the one you’re holding now.” With vocals that growl and soar, Osborne alternately cries out with heart-wrenching soul and foot-stomping grooves.

“The voices of Otis Redding and Al Green soothed a troubled soul, the power of Etta James and Tina Turner gave me courage, and the depth of feeling of Muddy Waters and so many other great blues artists allowed me to find and express my own depths,” explains Osborne. “When I began to sing in New York City in my early 20’s, I wanted nothing more than to model myself on these people, to inhabit the music as they did in some small way.”

She personally selected the obscure gem “Roll Like A Big Wheel” from her own record collection and added rock n’ roll-fueled urgency to it. She also dug deep into John Mayall’s work and came back with “Broken Wings,” where her vocal performance draws both goosebumps and tears. The often overlooked Ike Turner-penned “Game of Love” was another treasure Osborne chose to record, and during the sessions an impromptu rendition of “Shake Your Hips” made its way onto the album. “Shake Your Hips” is the lead track off of Bring it on Home and will be shipped to radio stations in January for airplay.

Bring it on Home also includes tracks originally made famous by American blues masters such as Sonny Boy Williamson (“Bring it on Home”), Muddy Waters (“I Want to Be Loved”), as well as recordings originally released by some of the greatest R&B singers ever including Ray Charles (“I Don’t Need No Doctor”), Al Green (“Rhymes”) and Otis Redding (“Champagne and Wine”).

Bring it on Home was produced by Joan and her longtime music director/guitarist Jack Petruzzelli. It was recorded live in the Waterfront Studios in Hudson, NY by engineer Henry Hirsch (Lenny Kravitz), who used an original 24 track Studer tape machine to recreate the warm and organic analogue sound of the era. Guest musicians include Barbecue Bob Pomeroy (harmonica), Allen Toussaint (piano on his own “Shoorah! Shoorah!”) and vocalists the Holmes Brothers and Rufus Thomas’ daughter, Vaneese Thomas. Jimmy Vivino, Conan O’Brien Show Band musical director, assembled all horn arrangements and also played electric piano on “I Don’t Need no Doctor.”

Bring it on Home tracklisting:

1. I Don’t Need no Doctor

2. Bring it on Home

3. Roll Like A Big Wheel

4. Game of Love

5. Broken Wing

6. Shoorah! Shoorah!

7. I Want to Be Loved

8. Same Love that Made Me Laugh

9. Shake Your Hips

10. I’m Qualified

11. Champagne and Wine

12. Rhymes

Priemr single: Shake Your Hips.....me encanta!!

http://www.joanosborne.com/audio_player?notheme=1

como suena el video, madre de dios! Shocked
elbrujo69
elbrujo69

Mensaje por Nashville 15.03.12 13:09

También acompañó a Cheap Trick como corista en el proyecto de Sgt. Pepper's
Nashville
Nashville

Mensaje por jackinthebox 29.03.12 15:57

Para cuándo Joan Osborne al Azkena? 12DT_RecReview

Ya anda por los territorios de Magic...
jackinthebox
jackinthebox

Mensaje por Javier Maroto 10.03.14 23:20

Tengo un puto pálpito.

Javier Maroto
Javier Maroto

Mensaje por Katxorro 10.03.14 23:22

que buen gusto tienes jodido
Katxorro
Katxorro

Mensaje por Javier Maroto 10.03.14 23:30

Katxorro escribió:que buen gusto tienes jodido

Laughing 
Javier Maroto
Javier Maroto

Mensaje por Adso 11.03.14 2:08

Había leído mal...

Para cuándo Joan Osborne al Azkena? Contacto-con-tacto
Adso
Adso

Mensaje por Javier Maroto 12.03.14 0:41

Magnífica versión en directo de este temarral.

sería una delicatessen poder ver a esta muchacha a día de hoy. Pero creo que esos tiempos en los que el ARf te podía traer sorpresas de este tipo ya pasaron.
Javier Maroto
Javier Maroto

Mensaje por Nashville 12.03.14 1:32

Adso escribió:Había leído mal...

Para cuándo Joan Osborne al Azkena? Contacto-con-tacto

"Contacto con tacto". El mejor programa de los 90's posiblemente.
Nashville
Nashville

Mensaje por jackinthebox 14.05.14 19:21

Primera escucha al último, "Love and hate" se llama.

El anterior "Bring it on home" me encanta. Este tiene buena pinta. La verdad es que esta mujer asegura siempre unos mínimos de calidad.
jackinthebox
jackinthebox

Mensaje por binladiya 14.05.14 19:29

Yo prefiero Bertin Rolling Eyes 
binladiya
binladiya

Mensaje por Steve Trumbo 14.05.14 19:30

jackinthebox escribió:Primera escucha al último, "Love and hate" se llama.

El anterior "Bring it on home" me encanta. Este tiene buena pinta. La verdad es que esta mujer asegura siempre unos mínimos de calidad.

Guay, no sabía que había sacado disco. cheers 
Steve Trumbo
Steve Trumbo