The Smashing Pumpkins: Disco Doble (2020)

+2
el xavea e`lamoto
keith_caputo
6 participantes

The Smashing Pumpkins: Disco Doble (2020) Empty The Smashing Pumpkins: Disco Doble (2020)

Mensaje por keith_caputo Mar Feb 04 2020, 16:11

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Grandisima noticia. Me alegra de que vuelvan de nuevo a sacar un disco doble. Si ya cuando sacaron el primero en 1995 la industria les dijo q era un suicidio comercial sacar un disco doble ahora, en 2020, cuando sacar un disco simple es un suicidio comercial le echan cojones y sacan uno doble axl hi . Hay que reconocer ademas q Billy Corgan esta haciendo las cosas bien. Ha sacado un nuevo disco en solitario y aunq reunió a la banda hace 2 años ha sacado con ellos un primer disco de estudio y ahora uno doble. Podria estar haciendo una y otra vez gira de grandes exitos y sin embargo sigue sacando nuevo material y de calidad. De nuevo hi

The Smashing Pumpkins: Disco Doble (2020) Smashing-pumpkins

SMASHING PUMPKINS frontman Billy Corgan spoke to Tennessean about the band's upcoming studio album, which is currently being recorded in Nashville for a late 2020 release. The new disc will be the follow-up to 2018's "Shiny And Oh So Bright, Vol. 1 / LP: No Past. No Future. No Sun." , which was SMASHING PUMPKINS' first in over 18 years to feature founding members Corgan, Jimmy Chamberlin and James Iha, along with longtime guitarist Jeff Schroeder.

Speaking about how he is approaching the SMASHING PUMPKINS' new effort, Corgan said: "When we got back together with James, we went in with Rick Rubin and did eight songs. It was put out as a formal album, but I said at the time — and I did mean it — in my eyes, it wasn't an album. We didn't approach it like we've approached every other album we'd ever done, which is more like making a movie.

"In many ways, this is the first real album [since the reunion] where we've hunkered down and made a classic, 'Let's throw it all at the wall and see what happens' type of PUMPKINS record. I've been working on it for over a year. It currently is at 21 songs, and we're going to release it as a double this year.

"This is the first album since the album that came out in 2000, 'Machina', where me, James and Jimmy worked on something for a very long time. It's got a greater conceptual base, and it's probably a wider swath of music. The last one was kind of like, 'Let's just jump in, record some stuff real fast, and let it be what it is,' ... so I'm excited about this, because we're kind of back in the lane of taking a risk, and trying to bring something new to the table, as opposed to just aping what we're known for."

When asked why the PUMPKINS are recording the new LP in Nashville, he explained: "It's a bit of a lot of things. Certainly Nashville affords studios that still run like old-fashioned studios, which I prefer. There's obviously a lot of musicians here you can work with, and the people I work with live here. Plus, the NWA office, my wrestling company, is out of Nashville, so I'm down here a lot anyway just for wrestling business. And I like it. It's no surprise that it's one of the fast-growing cities in America, and certainly has great history — nothing that you don't know. But for me, as a Chicagoan that would come here in the early '90s when there were tumbleweeds rolling down [Broadway], it's great to see the city be revived and totally on fire."
keith_caputo
keith_caputo

The Smashing Pumpkins: Disco Doble (2020) Empty Re: The Smashing Pumpkins: Disco Doble (2020)

Mensaje por el xavea e`lamoto Mar Feb 04 2020, 16:16

Ya podrían aprender los guns, a mi el último...pssss
el xavea e`lamoto
el xavea e`lamoto

The Smashing Pumpkins: Disco Doble (2020) Empty Re: The Smashing Pumpkins: Disco Doble (2020)

Mensaje por Intruder Mar Feb 04 2020, 17:43

el xavea e`lamoto escribió:Ya podrían aprender los guns, a mi el último...pssss

El nuevo doble de los Guns "Million Cozies and infinite Laziness"
Intruder
Intruder

Mensaje por llozano Mar Feb 04 2020, 18:04

que ganas
llozano
llozano

Mensaje por wakam Mar Feb 04 2020, 18:06

Con el antecedente del último disco de reunión no sé qué esperanzas se pueden tener.
wakam
wakam

Mensaje por Caffeine Mar Feb 04 2020, 18:45

Miedo, si ya aburren con los poco que han sacado los últimos años, pues x 2
Caffeine
Caffeine