forero en la sombra
Fingolfin
La Motta
2ill3
blackfoot
Barfly
Barb
16 participantes

where to stay in Vitoria-Gasteiz? Empty where to stay in Vitoria-Gasteiz?

Mensaje por Barb Lun 18 Ago 2008 - 0:26

Maybe this was already brought up but probably not in english for me to understand...

Can you give me advices on where to stay during the festival? I need the CHEAPEST option possible. Is there a camping around, or a cheap hostel?

I don't mind if it's not very close to the festival place, as long as I can get there when I leave the festival in the middle of the night (even if I have to walk, if it's not in a very bad part of town or not VERY far).

I also don't care if it's not comfortable or whatever, I just need a place for one night, as cheap as possible. I'll probably come just for friday.

I looked on Google but I can't find anything or it's in spanish and I don't understand so I thought it would be better to ask you guys.

Also, I was thinking about just crashing on the floor somewhere at the festival place, what are the options? (or maybe even not sleep at all if it will be a good party) Festivals usually have a camping option that is included in the ticket price but it looks like this is not the case of ARF?

Hope you can help!

Cheers,
Barb

Barb

where to stay in Vitoria-Gasteiz? Empty Re: where to stay in Vitoria-Gasteiz?

Mensaje por Barfly Lun 18 Ago 2008 - 0:28

Barb escribió:I need the CHEAPEST option possible. Is there a camping around?

Yes, there is a camping.

Full of shit, but free.
Barfly
Barfly

Mensaje por blackfoot Lun 18 Ago 2008 - 0:33

Barfly escribió:
Barb escribió:I need the CHEAPEST option possible. Is there a camping around?

Yes, there is a camping.

Full of shit, but free.

for hard-core women
blackfoot
blackfoot

Mensaje por Barb Lun 18 Ago 2008 - 0:37

you mean the toilet of the festival? i'm glad to hear it's free... btw, i'm hardcore when i'm drunk, no problem.

Barb

Mensaje por Barfly Lun 18 Ago 2008 - 0:40

Barb escribió:you mean the toilet of the festival? i'm glad to hear it's free... btw, i'm hardcore when i'm drunk, no problem.

If you are a hardcore trobadour, welcome to the club.

I mean all the camping area, but specially the toilets, yes.
Barfly
Barfly

Mensaje por 2ill3 Lun 18 Ago 2008 - 0:40

Barb escribió:you mean the toilet of the festival? i'm glad to hear it's free... btw, i'm hardcore when i'm drunk, no problem.

Shocked Shocked Shocked
2ill3
2ill3

Mensaje por blackfoot Lun 18 Ago 2008 - 0:43

in the photo you could see the camping with three weird tipycal spanish

where to stay in Vitoria-Gasteiz? Foten265gm7
blackfoot
blackfoot

Mensaje por 2ill3 Lun 18 Ago 2008 - 0:44

...os va a dejar para el arrastre la hardcore woman...
2ill3
2ill3

Mensaje por La Motta Lun 18 Ago 2008 - 0:47

Barfly escribió:

If you are a hardcore trobadour, welcome to the club.

I mean all the camping area, but specially the toilets, yes.

Esto es por ver pelis en VOS?
La Motta
La Motta

Mensaje por Barb Lun 18 Ago 2008 - 0:54

blackfoot escribió:

cool, so you can just plant the tent for free, wherever at the festival place? (i mean not in front of the stage...lol)

this doesn't look like a camping of the festival to me, with all the countryside in the back. you people are always joking so i'm never sure how true the info is Suspect

Barb

Mensaje por blackfoot Lun 18 Ago 2008 - 0:57

Barb escribió:
blackfoot escribió:

cool, so you can just plant the tent for free, wherever at the festival place? (i mean not in front of the stage...lol)

this doesn't look like a camping of the festival to me, with all the countryside in the back. you people are always joking so i'm never sure how true the info is Suspect

Do you like blackfoot?
blackfoot
blackfoot

Mensaje por Fingolfin Lun 18 Ago 2008 - 0:59

blackfoot escribió:
Barb escribió:
blackfoot escribió:

Do you like blackfoot?

Pero invítale antes a una copa...
Fingolfin
Fingolfin

Mensaje por Barb Lun 18 Ago 2008 - 1:04

blackfoot escribió:
Barb escribió:
blackfoot escribió:

Do you like blackfoot?
you mean the band? never really gave them a listen...what i heard was ok though.

Barb

Mensaje por blackfoot Lun 18 Ago 2008 - 1:07

Barb escribió:

you people are always joking so i'm never sure how true the info is Suspect

Don't afraid. Info is correct.
Camping free with free toilets,
my People are good foreros are good
blackfoot
blackfoot

Mensaje por Barb Lun 18 Ago 2008 - 1:18

great news, thanks!!!

Barb

Mensaje por forero en la sombra Lun 18 Ago 2008 - 1:47

Ya puestos, alguien sabe de alguna pensión/hostal/hotelucho/aparta dónde aun quede algo?, no quiero volver a caer en ese cámping del infierno, sólo busco una doble...
forero en la sombra
forero en la sombra

Mensaje por Oscar DeGarmo Lun 18 Ago 2008 - 2:38

Éste año voy a ir al camping del Azkena ¿Como está? ¿Es una inmundicia? ¿Me cogeré la infección de la vida? ¿Habéis estado alguno otras ediciones?

La verdad es que me da un miedo...
Oscar DeGarmo
Oscar DeGarmo

Mensaje por Jaiotze Lun 18 Ago 2008 - 2:45

Oscar DeGarmo escribió:Éste año voy a ir al camping del Azkena ¿Como está? ¿Es una inmundicia? ¿Me cogeré la infección de la vida? ¿Habéis estado alguno otras ediciones?

Por eso estate tranquilo, follar no vas a follar ...
Jaiotze
Jaiotze

Mensaje por Oscar DeGarmo Lun 18 Ago 2008 - 2:57

Jaiotze escribió:
Oscar DeGarmo escribió:Éste año voy a ir al camping del Azkena ¿Como está? ¿Es una inmundicia? ¿Me cogeré la infección de la vida? ¿Habéis estado alguno otras ediciones?

Por eso estate tranquilo, follar no vas a follar ...

Vale, borro eso para que alguien me conteste de verdad (serás mamón Laughing Laughing )

Oscar DeGarmo escribió:Éste año voy a ir al camping del Azkena ¿Como está? ¿Es una inmundicia? ¿Habéis estado alguno otras ediciones?
Oscar DeGarmo
Oscar DeGarmo

Mensaje por Txomin Lun 18 Ago 2008 - 13:28

forero en la sombra escribió:Ya puestos, alguien sabe de alguna pensión/hostal/hotelucho/aparta dónde aun quede algo?, no quiero volver a caer en ese cámping del infierno, sólo busco una doble...

http://www.quehoteles.com/hoteles-en-vitoria-4C15P110D151Z.htm

http://destinia.com/hotels/hoteles-en-vitoria/alava/espana/europa/847/es
Txomin
Txomin

Mensaje por Incremento Lun 18 Ago 2008 - 20:04

Barb escribió:
blackfoot escribió:

The camping zone is besides the festival area. And the landscape behind the weird typical spanishs are the hills around Vitoria- Gasteiz.

By the way, the nights will surelly be cold out there but I'm sure there will be a lot of young horny boys around here trying to warm you!

Wink
Incremento
Incremento

Mensaje por blackfoot Lun 18 Ago 2008 - 20:21

Incremento escribió:
Barb escribió:
blackfoot escribió:

The camping zone is besides the festival area. And the landscape behind the weird typical spanishs are the hills around Vitoria- Gasteiz.

By the way, the nights will surelly be cold out there but I'm sure there will be a lot of young horny boys around here trying to warm you!

Wink

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
blackfoot
blackfoot

Mensaje por Barb Mar 19 Ago 2008 - 1:06

LOL as long as they are cute, who knows...mwahahah! hey, i'm kidding...

I have another question. If I fly to Barcelona, will I easily find a bus there to get me to Vitoria? Should I reserve a seat in advance or can I just come and find a bus? Do you have an idea of how much the bus will cost me? I heard they are cheaper than trains in Spain. Is there a site where I could check out buses? I have a lot of questions cause I'm lost, I've never been in Spain before...but, looking forward to be there Very Happy

btw, the landscape looks great! i just found it weird that there's such nature around the festival place. even better if there is though!

Barb

Mensaje por Barb Mar 19 Ago 2008 - 1:18

annnd, i have another stupid question...any chance i go to the camp for free on thursday if i don't have the ticket for the festival (i'll have one on friday)? is there a control? it looks wild to me on the pic.

Barb

Mensaje por henchman Mar 19 Ago 2008 - 11:05

I have another question. If I fly to Barcelona, will I easily find a bus there to get me to Vitoria? Should I reserve a seat in advance or can I just come and find a bus?

Yes, there is one in the morning, one in the evening and a night bus. More or less 7 hour trip. The ticket should be less than 40€.

You should buy the ticket in advance here:

www.alsa.es

You can do it in english. Select Barcelona-Sants to Vitoria.

annnd, i have another stupid question...any chance i go to the camp for free on thursday if i don't have the ticket for the festival (i'll have one on friday)? is there a control? it looks wild to me on the pic.

With your one-day ticket you can camp anytime from wednesday to sunday.
henchman
henchman

Mensaje por Barb Mar 19 Ago 2008 - 17:33

henchman escribió:
I have another question. If I fly to Barcelona, will I easily find a bus there to get me to Vitoria? Should I reserve a seat in advance or can I just come and find a bus?

Yes, there is one in the morning, one in the evening and a night bus. More or less 7 hour trip. The ticket should be less than 40€.

You should buy the ticket in advance here:

www.alsa.es

You can do it in english. Select Barcelona-Sants to Vitoria.
Thanks a lot for the info!

wow, i didn't think it was such a long drive! it looks like i'll have to come there one day earlier if i don't want to miss the whole friday. damn.

With your one-day ticket you can camp anytime from wednesday to sunday.
the problem is, i don't think i'll be able to get a ticket until friday. i'm going only to see Blind Melon and the band will put me on the guest list but for friday. Maybe i should just buy the ticket for thursday then...still cheaper than a hotel AND i get to see the bands...

Barb

Mensaje por Barb Mar 19 Ago 2008 - 19:35

I have more questions...maybe I will fly to Bilbao...when I type "Bilbao" on www.alsa.es, it offers me "Bilbao" and "Bilbao (Las Mercedes)". There's a bus every half hour from Bilbao to Vitoria but no bus from Bilbao (Las Mercedes) to Vitoria. How can I know where is this bus station in Bilbao, it's a big city, how will I find the right station??? Is it close to the airport?

Another question: I have a cheap flight option to Bilbao, changing in Barcelona but I would have to wait all night at the Barcelona airport (from midnight to 8am) for the flight to Bilbao. How is the airport at night, is it ok if I wait/sleep there?

Barb

Mensaje por KIM_BACALAO Mar 19 Ago 2008 - 20:16

Barb escribió:I have more questions...maybe I will fly to Bilbao...when I type "Bilbao" on www.alsa.es, it offers me "Bilbao" and "Bilbao (Las Mercedes)". There's a bus every half hour from Bilbao to Vitoria but no bus from Bilbao (Las Mercedes) to Vitoria. How can I know where is this bus station in Bilbao, it's a big city, how will I find the right station??? Is it close to the airport?

Another question: I have a cheap flight option to Bilbao, changing in Barcelona but I would have to wait all night at the Barcelona airport (from midnight to 8am) for the flight to Bilbao. How is the airport at night, is it ok if I wait/sleep there?

there's a bus every 20 minutes from Bilbao Airport to Bilbao Bus Station. It's a 15 minutes trip, and it costs 1,35 €. It's the last stop of the bus. There you can take the bus going to Vitoria. You won't even need to book the bus to Vitoria in advance, you'll have no problems in getting a ticket for the next bus once you're in Bilbao Bus Station.

regarding the sleeping through the night at Barcelona Airport, I'd advise against it. There are too many people in Barcelona making a live out of stealing foreigners' belongings, and the airport is not the safest place around. If you take the chance anyway, you should put your belongings in a coin-operated luggage locker (i'm not completely sure whether there are any of those or not) if you don't want your trip to be completely screwed by the pickpockets

Moderador

Mensaje por Ayers Mar 19 Ago 2008 - 20:21

where did you sleep the last night?
Ayers
Ayers

Mensaje por KIM_BACALAO Mar 19 Ago 2008 - 20:23

Ayers escribió:where did you sleep the last night?

bueno, menos una cabezada en el metro, casi todo el rato en mi cama
gracias por preocuparte

Moderador

Mensaje por Ayers Mar 19 Ago 2008 - 20:27

KIM_BACALAO escribió:

gracias por preocuparte

where to stay in Vitoria-Gasteiz? Kurtacoustic-734626 What a Face
Ayers
Ayers

Mensaje por KIM_BACALAO Mar 19 Ago 2008 - 20:34

Ayers escribió:
KIM_BACALAO escribió:

gracias por preocuparte

where to stay in Vitoria-Gasteiz? Leadbelly_with_his_Guitar

Rolling Eyes

Moderador

Mensaje por Ayers Mar 19 Ago 2008 - 20:36

KIM_BACALAO escribió:
Ayers escribió:
KIM_BACALAO escribió:

gracias por preocuparte

Rolling Eyes

Lo se chato, pero me debo a mi público y debo crear situaciones cómicas facilmente reconocibles para grandes y pequeños. Wink
Ayers
Ayers

Mensaje por KIM_BACALAO Mar 19 Ago 2008 - 20:38

Ayers escribió:
KIM_BACALAO escribió:
Ayers escribió:
KIM_BACALAO escribió:

gracias por preocuparte

Rolling Eyes

Lo se chato, pero me debo a mi público y debo crear situaciones cómicas facilmente reconocibles para grandes y pequeños. Wink

axl axl axl

Moderador

Mensaje por Ricky´s Appetite Mar 19 Ago 2008 - 21:13

a los djs nos envian al canciller ayala este año Very Happy 8)

tambien esta cerquita no?
Ricky´s Appetite
Ricky´s Appetite

http://www.myspace.com/monasteriodjs

Mensaje por Barb Mar 19 Ago 2008 - 21:15

KIM_BACALAO escribió:
Barb escribió:I have more questions...maybe I will fly to Bilbao...when I type "Bilbao" on www.alsa.es, it offers me "Bilbao" and "Bilbao (Las Mercedes)". There's a bus every half hour from Bilbao to Vitoria but no bus from Bilbao (Las Mercedes) to Vitoria. How can I know where is this bus station in Bilbao, it's a big city, how will I find the right station??? Is it close to the airport?

there's a bus every 20 minutes from Bilbao Airport to Bilbao Bus Station. It's a 15 minutes trip, and it costs 1,35 €. It's the last stop of the bus. There you can take the bus going to Vitoria. You won't even need to book the bus to Vitoria in advance, you'll have no problems in getting a ticket for the next bus once you're in Bilbao Bus Station.

regarding the sleeping through the night at Barcelona Airport, I'd advise against it. There are too many people in Barcelona making a live out of stealing foreigners' belongings, and the airport is not the safest place around. If you take the chance anyway, you should put your belongings in a coin-operated luggage locker (i'm not completely sure whether there are any of those or not) if you don't want your trip to be completely screwed by the pickpockets
thanks for the info!

in my researches, i found a site specialized in sleeping at airports, haha!
http://www.sleepinginairports.net/tips.htm

people's reviews of sleeping at the Barcelona International Airport are ok. Of course you never know and you can get things stolen anywhere but I haven't read one that would have a bad experience on that site. I haven't decided if i'm gonna do this or not. Man, it's such a pain in the ass to find a cheap way to get to Vitoria! But I'll make it! Thanks for all the help!

Barb

Mensaje por KIM_BACALAO Mar 19 Ago 2008 - 21:16

Ricky´s Appetite escribió:a los djs nos envian al canciller ayala este año Very Happy 8)

menos que el otro, pero es el segundo más cercano al recinto, creo yo

yo dormí un año ahí
no me mató tanto como el del año pasado, sinceramente

Moderador

Mensaje por Ricky´s Appetite Mar 19 Ago 2008 - 21:29

KIM_BACALAO escribió:
Ricky´s Appetite escribió:a los djs nos envian al canciller ayala este año Very Happy 8)

yo dormí un año ahí
habrá que probarlo , tiene cuatro estrellas , tiene que estar bien .
no jodas! Laughing
nos han timado o que?
Ricky´s Appetite
Ricky´s Appetite

Mensaje por KIM_BACALAO Mar 19 Ago 2008 - 21:30

Ricky´s Appetite escribió:
KIM_BACALAO escribió:

yo dormí un año ahí
no jodas! Laughing
nos han timado o que?

no, hombre, no!
está de puta madre
pero el del año pasado era un pasote
sobre todo para el precio que costaba al principio
claro, como las estrellas os alojáis de gratis, esas cosas no las notáis tanto... Very Happy

Moderador

Mensaje por Ricky´s Appetite Mar 19 Ago 2008 - 21:32

KIM_BACALAO escribió:
KIM_BACALAO escribió:

yo dormí un año ahí
no jodas! Laughing
nos han timado o que?

no, hombre, no!
está de puta madre
pero el del año pasado era un pasote
sobre todo para el precio que costaba al principio
claro, como las estrellas os alojáis de gratis, esas cosas no las notáis tanto... Very Happy

eso es verdad , ni puta idea de cuanto cuesta una noche en ninguno de los dos Laughing
Ricky´s Appetite
Ricky´s Appetite

Mensaje por La Motta Mar 19 Ago 2008 - 21:33

KIM_BACALAO escribió:

yo dormí un año ahí
no jodas! Laughing
nos han timado o que?

Tranquilo, yo he estado y está bastante bien. Tampoco esperes el Ritz, pero joder, no está nada mal.
La Motta
La Motta

Mensaje por Ricky´s Appetite Mar 19 Ago 2008 - 21:35

La Motta escribió:
KIM_BACALAO escribió:

yo dormí un año ahí
no jodas! Laughing
nos han timado o que?

Tranquilo, yo he estado y está bastante bien. Tampoco esperes el Ritz, pero joder, no está nada mal.

ok me quedo más tranquilo
se pueden subir fulanas? Laughing

tu vienes este año Motta?
Ricky´s Appetite
Ricky´s Appetite

Mensaje por kent b. Mar 19 Ago 2008 - 22:03

para vosotros más que de sobra, perroflautas.
kent b.
kent b.

Mensaje por Ricky´s Appetite Mar 19 Ago 2008 - 22:08

kent b. escribió:

para vosotros más que de sobra, perroflautas.

where to stay in Vitoria-Gasteiz? Mal058ks
Ricky´s Appetite
Ricky´s Appetite

Mensaje por La Motta Mar 19 Ago 2008 - 22:21

La Motta escribió:
KIM_BACALAO escribió:

yo dormí un año ahí
no jodas! Laughing
nos han timado o que?

Yo sí, soy de Vitoria Laughing No ir sería horca Surprised
La Motta
La Motta

Mensaje por Ricky´s Appetite Mar 19 Ago 2008 - 23:21

La Motta escribió:
La Motta escribió:
KIM_BACALAO escribió:

yo dormí un año ahí
no jodas! Laughing
nos han timado o que?

pues nos vemos que borrachos igual nos ponemos de acuerdo con alguna pelicula Laughing
Ricky´s Appetite
Ricky´s Appetite

Mensaje por La Motta Miér 20 Ago 2008 - 0:30

La Motta escribió:
La Motta escribió:
KIM_BACALAO escribió:

yo dormí un año ahí
no jodas! Laughing
nos han timado o que?

pues nos vemos que borrachos igual nos ponemos de acuerdo con alguna pelicula Laughing

Eso va a ser complicado, tendremos que recurrir a Disney Laughing Laughing
La Motta
La Motta

Mensaje por Ricky´s Appetite Miér 20 Ago 2008 - 0:54

La Motta escribió:
La Motta escribió:
La Motta escribió:
KIM_BACALAO escribió:

yo dormí un año ahí
no jodas! Laughing
nos han timado o que?

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
yo soy muy fan de la Dama y el vagabundo Laughing
Ricky´s Appetite
Ricky´s Appetite

Mensaje por La Motta Miér 20 Ago 2008 - 1:45

La Motta escribió:
La Motta escribió:
La Motta escribió:
KIM_BACALAO escribió:

yo dormí un año ahí
no jodas! Laughing
nos han timado o que?

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
yo soy muy fan de la Dama y el vagabundo Laughing

Joder, ni con Disney Crying or Very sad

Laughing Laughing birra
La Motta
La Motta